The Cloud & Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for providing deep technical expertise in support of all activities related to cloud and infrastructure architecture across a variety of platforms and operating systems. This individual must possess a working knowledge of cloud and infrastructure technology backed. As an innovative problem solver , the individual will support the development and operation of innovative solutions in cloud and infrastructure technologies. This is a national client facing role with an expectation for up to 65% travel, as dictated by project requirements, focused on supporting cloud and infrastructure technologies across multiple client projects.
Primary responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide hands-on cloud and infrastructure system administration & troubleshooting expertise
- Maintain industry awareness for latest compute, storage, networking and virtualization technologies
- Deliver technology advisory and implementation services that extract and maximize business value from IT investments for SNET and our clients
- Review operational requirements with project teams, management and client services groups for deployment and ongoing support
- Operate functional prototypes, demo, testing and training environments as needed to support system administration activities
- Develop documentation for best practices as it relates to server infrastructure, virtualization, and cloud computing operational experience
Key qualifications for this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- 3+ years of relevant experience administering cloud or infrastructure services across a large, diverse, enterprise environment
- Technical proficiency including systems experience, strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, and issue management in a multi-platform environment
- Working knowledge of major Public Cloud platforms such as VMware vCloud, Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, IBM SoftLayer, etc.
- Working knowledge of major Private Cloud platforms such as VMware vRealize, OpenStack, Microsoft Hyper-V, Oracle OVM, RedHat KVM, etc.
- Understanding of IP networking, VPN’s, DNS, WINS, load balancing and firewalling concepts
- Intermediate knowledge of directory services, authentication technologies, Active Directory/LDAP, etc.
- Intermediate knowledge of system and network security best practices including governance
- Intermediate knowledge of primary AWS services (EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53, S3, & VPC)
Successful Candidates Possess
A successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Ability and discipline to work and succeed in a fast pace and organizationally complex environment, to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology, and to lead and manage small projects
- Passion for emerging IT technology solutions, industry trends, and progressive operations methodology
- Knowledge of architecture best practices and experience applying them to solve business challenges
- Ability to work independently and within various team sizes and manage multiple task assignments
- Bachelor-level degree in engineering, information technology, data communications, telecommunications, computer science, or equivalent educational or professional experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)